The Génie 01 is a stunning new timepiece from Swiss watchmaker Breva that recently was showcased at Baselworld 2013.
This amazing piece lays claim to being the world’s first wristwatch featuring time, altimeter & barometer. Incredibly this achievement has been a process of three years research & development.
At 44.7mm x 15.6 mm the watch is well proportioned without being oversized. Aesthetically the Génie 01 is a beautiful watch that exudes style & sophistication. The dial consists of multiple layers displaying hours, minutes, seconds & barometric pressure viewable on sub dials. These semi transparent layers also reveal the mechanical workings of this fantastic timepiece.
Underneath the exquisite façade lies an impressive bespoke 46 Jewel movement comprising 405 components delivering an impressive 65-hour power reserve. Jean-François Mojon at Chronode has developed this movement exclusively for Breva.
The Génie 01 is available in white or pink gold limited to 55 pieces of each. A hand stitched alligator strap also accompanies this marvellous timepiece.
Génie 01 technical specifications
- hours, minutes, small seconds, altitude indicator, barometric pressure indicator, power reserve indicator, air pressure equaliser, equaliser seal indicator, barometric scale adjuster, altitude scale adjuster.
Case, dials and strap:
- Case material: available in white gold (55 pieces) or 4N pink gold (55 pieces)
- Dimensions: 44,7 mm x 15.6 mm
- Number of components: 70
- Winding setting crown at 9 o’clock, altitude and barometric pressure adjuster at 2 o’clock (altitude inner pusher, barometer exterior ring), air pressure equaliser at 4 o’clock
- Crystals: sapphire crystal and display back treated with anti-reflective coating on both sides.
- Dials: smoked sapphire with galvanic growth text, numbers and markers
- Altitude scale: available in metric or imperial measurements
- Strap: hand stitched alligator strap with folding buckle to match case material.
- Watcher resistance: 30m
- Air equaliser with moisture-resisting osmosis membrane Teflon fabric around a gold rim
- Proprietary movement developed exclusively for Breva by Jean-François Mojon/ Chronode
- Diameter: 36mm
- Number of components: 405
- Number of jewels: 46
- Balance frequency: 4 Hz
- Dual anaerobic capsules measuring air pressure
- Spiral anti-vibration spring: LIGA
- Power reserve: 65 hours
- Génie in pink gold: CHF 140’000 – (without taxes)
Génie in white gold: CHF 145’000 – (without taxes)