This year, and for the first time in the Christmas ‘virtual gifts’ landscape, the anti-poverty charity, ActionAid, is giving businesses and people the unique opportunity to fund an entire emergency programme in Bangladesh as a Christmas gift.
This wonderful present, which is the most generous virtual charity gift ever offered costs £30,000. Those who purchase it will have the incredible opportunity to provide an entire community with life-saving, bespoke emergency shelters, clean water and sanitation after an emergency.
How will the Virtual Christmas Gift be used?
It’s straightforward – your money would buy:
- 25 shelter houses uniquely designed to fit the exact needs of each community
- 25 latrines for safe and clean sanitation; 3 tube wells for safe, clean water
- PLUS all the staffing required to design, build and set up the shelters
If your charitable budget is smaller then there are many other ways that friends and family can be treated, while still making a real difference to those less fortunate.
The range of Virtual Gifts from ActionAid’s Gifts in Action Christmas range includes:
- Toys for Rwandan children (£20)
- A goat (£24)
- A river ambulance for Bangladesh (£25)
- Footballs for schoolchildren (£26)
- Education a child for a year (£30)
- Motivational camps for street children (£43)
- Up to 400 trees for Vietnam (£50)
- A donkey and cart (£174)
The money from the ‘emergency programme’ gift will only be spent on emergency shelter in Bangladesh. To find out more about the ActionAid Gifts in Action range please visit www.giftsinaction.org.uk